Indiana 40K Championship

Indiana 40K Championship

Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Heavy Gear Blitz: Jumping Back In



Not much happening lately on the hobby front for me (busy wrapping up grad school)! But I had time to put the first mini together for my return to Heavy Gear Blitz! 
I had previously played the game a few years ago, which is worth checking out by the way, but the advanced rules were rather complicated and the game just didn't play as fast as 'blitz' might indicate. Fast forward to now and an alpha version for the complete rules overhaul had me eager enough to jump back in. From reading through the test rules a few times I can see the game has been considerably sped up and streamlined. Once I find some time I'll be assembling the rest of my force, Southern Republic Army, and start running some practice games in our local group.

Heavy Gear, for those who don't know, has been around for quite some time and has excellent fluff, good models and finally (in my opinion) an upcoming rules set that will help the game grow by easing new players into. This is definitely much more of a tactical simulation still than those who are playing 40K might be used to but it's a far cry from the tedious bookkeeping of BattleTech. I'll have more on Heavy Gear in the upcoming weeks and months. If you want to check out the game a bit visit Dream Pod 9's website, the makers of the game: www.d9.com. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Custodes Imperialis